We all know the prices of jewelry made from precious metals like gold, silver, and diamond are very high. Many people cannot afford it. So there’s a new metal in town that is “stainless steel”. It has become one of the popular choices for a variety of jewelry like rings, watches, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
Stainless steel jewelry refers to a powerful and rust-resistant metal that is popular for its silver sheen that doesn’t erode, unlike silver. It is extremely hard, durable, and most importantly affordable. It offers the brilliance and the aesthetically pleasing appeal of precious metals at a very cut-rate price.
However, when you decide to choose stainless steel jewelry, you have to think about many factors before taking the final step. So in order to not make any wrong decisions, you should consider these factors to make the best purchase. So we have a few tips for you that will help you not make any mistakes.
7 factors to look for while wholesale stainless steel jewelry
Here’s what to look for when making your purchase:
- Different types of stainless steel: There are two types of stainless steel mostly used in jewelry which are grade 304 and grade 316. It is essential to know the type of stainless steel jewelry before you buy. So Let’s compare their characteristics:
- Grade 304: It is the most common type of steel that is used to make jewelry and is also popularly known as 18-8 stainless steel. It contains 8-10% of nickel and 18-20% of carbon. Therefore it provides adequate corrosion resistance for a very long time.
- Grade 316: When stainless steel grade 304 is mixed with molybdenum then grade 316 is formed. Because of the addition of Mo, the corrosion-resistant properties in stainless steel become stronger. Hence 316 stainless steel is a good choice for jewelry.
- Quality: Now it is important to pay attention to the quality of stainless steel jewelry you are buying. It is not always about the aesthetic of the product. It is important to check the sensitivity of your skin.
Women who all have sensitive skin should go for fashion jewelry that is made from 316VM steel. It has a high proportion of chromium and less amount of carbon and nickel. This alloy is manufactured in a vacuum for a smoother touch. So it is hypoallergenic. High-end luxury jewelry is made from grade 316 of stainless steel.
- Look for certified jewelry: Before you invest in wholesale stainless steel jewelry it is essential to check the certification of your jewelry. Certifications are actually the agreement of material durability. So this should be your first step while making your purchase. Although you can get the first impression based on the reputation of the store, your first task should be to check the certification of the product. Below are the most common authentic certifications.
- Mill certification: It is commonly known as MTC. There are two types of MTC certificates: one is 3.1 and another is 3.2. Both of them tell us about the quality of steel and its properties.
- CTI certification: CTI is an international company that gives certification to various companies in various niches like safety, food, energy, etc.
- SGS Certification: This certification is issued by a multinational company that generally provides services like inspection, testing, certification, and verification to all those people who are wanting to get engaged with it.
- Size: Size is another important aspect to look for. You must choose your size very carefully because the one you will buy will stay with you. In order to avoid any exchange and return, we advise you to properly check your size first before taking any final decision.
- Check for the offers of other stores as well: The cost of stainless steel jewelry differs from store to store. Therefore we suggest you first check for all the offers in various stores before making any purchase. Ideally, you must have a reputable dealer who will guide you properly and give you the best suggestion. So do your research carefully. Devote your time while you go shopping. Do not rush and buy on the first go. Look for everything that is being offered by the store and then decide.
- Comfort: While buying yourself a piece of stainless steel jewelry looks for your comfort as well. You must assess the amount of comfort you will get while buying any jewelry piece. Always ensure that there are no point edges and no burs points on the surface of the jewelry. Make sure there must be no irregularities or any molded pieces in the product.
- Cost: It is very obvious that the cost of the jewelry is another important factor to consider. We discussed above that the primary thing to consider while making your purchase is quality. You should have your focus on it. So when it comes to the cost of the jewelry, try to look at the price-quality ratio and then make up your mind. It is always the best idea to invest a little more money to get the best quality.
Compare the prices of various stores and buy your favorite piece. Decide on the price of the jewelry based on the occasion for which you are buying whether it is for normal parties, weddings, or office wear. As we discussed, the most high-quality jewelry is made from 316BM steel.
Therefore if you are still confused about stainless steel jewelry, we hope this guide clears the air and you understand stainless steel jewelry better than before.
If you are looking for wholesale silver jewelry with higher quality and the latest designs we are your one-stop shop. At P&K you will get the ultimate superior quality of wholesale stainless steel jewelry at the best rates. So what are you waiting for? Browse our website and pick your favorite piece today!