Are you looking for the best alternative to a diamond that guarantees timeless beauty, uniqueness, brilliance, and versatility? Well, then wholesale cubic zirconia jewelry is undoubtedly your best choice.
If you do not know about this synthetic gem, we recommend reading this quick guide to learn everything you need to know about cubic zirconia jewelry. We will talk about how it is made, and list the top facts about cubic zirconia that will answer everything you need to know about this stone.
What is cubic zirconia?
Cubic zirconia is a colorless, strong, man-made gem that looks like a diamond. Although they look similar to diamonds, they have a different mineral structure.
Technically CZ is a cubic crystalline – a form of zirconium dioxide and is not as strong as a diamond. It is commonly used as a substitute for a diamond and is so far the most realistic gemstone that is used for this purpose. Although they are less expensive than your everyday diamonds, they exhibit the same appearance, magnificence, and strength.
How is cubic zirconia made?
Cubic zirconia is made by melting powdered zirconium with a stabilizing agent under very high temperatures of up to 4000 degrees Fahrenheit for long hours. These crystals are then cut and polished. There are various ways to cut a crystal to mimic the shape of a diamond. Now you may be thinking about why you should consider CZ over diamonds and other gemstones? What makes this stone such a viable candidate for jewelry? You should know that there are many reasons why cubic zirconia is great for making embellishment pieces of fine high-quality jewelry. E.g., did you know that Cubic zirconia is a man-made gemstone that has no internal flaws? These properties are deemed by some to be very perfect.
Features of cubic zirconia jewelry:
- Durable – Cubic zirconia is rated an 8.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness. The perfect score is 10. CZs are manmade, very durable, and are a perfect option for use in making everyday jewelry.
Tip: If you take care of your CZ jewelry properly they can last for many years.
- Brilliant color – The white color of cubic zirconia is equivalent to that of a diamond’s perfect D-color. You must have seen that most diamonds have a brownish or yellowish tint to them. Very few diamonds are colorless i.e. D-color.
A point to bear in mind: Colored cubic zirconia is also available. CZs can come in an array of colors like red, blue, green, and white.
- Shines just like a diamond – The brilliance of a diamond is what makes it so magnificent and so expensive. CZs display an exquisite dispersion or refraction of light that is similar to the brilliance of a diamond when it is viewed under sunlight. Cubic zirconia gemstones have a higher dispersion as compared to a diamond.
You know how a diamond is bright and shines; just imagine how much cubic zirconia will sparkle under sunlight.
- Affordability – What is a great catalyst for us? Obviously it is the affordability of the stone. CZ’s are a fraction of the price of a diamond. The average price of a 1.5-carat diamond ring is $9000 while a 1.5-carat cubic zirconia ring costs just $200. The significant difference in price between CZs and diamonds is a major factor why many people opt for jewelry that has cubic zirconia stones instead.
- Versatility – Just like diamonds, cubic zirconia jewelry is very versatile. Thus an ideal pick for every occasion. CZs are an excellent alternative to diamonds, and like diamonds, you can see them in rings, bracelets, earrings, and pendants.
- Insurance – Besides the outrageous cost, another factor for choosing jewelry that has cubic zirconia is insurance. Covering that pricey bauble in case of any loss or theft is another big-ticket add on. Lower premiums are the main reason why smart people opt for CZ jewelry pieces, just in case something goes missing on a vacation or at an event. Not only will they not be out the cost of the real thing, but their insurance does not take a big hit either.
- Customizable – Cubic Zirconia jewelry is customizable. You can have it customized to your taste. As they are cheap and easy to buy, you can pretty much have your own design. You can specify the cut you need; whether you want a diamond-shaped cut, a princess cut, or just a square cut.
How to evaluate your cubic zirconia?
Before you purchase cubic zirconia for yourself, you may wish to evaluate the quality of the stone. Here is what you need to know:
Quality Grades Of A CZ – Cubic Zirconia is sometimes graded into categories like A, AAA, and AAAA. Accordingly, grade A is of the lowest quality and are easily damaged, 3A are mid-range stones and 5A is of the highest quality with little difference in appearance to diamonds.
Here’s The Thing though. There is no certifying body that will appraise the grade of your CZ. There is often no distinguishable difference between an A or a 5A stone.
Instead of worrying about the grade of your CZ stone, it is good to focus on the appearance of the stone and the quality of the setting.
Clarity of a Cubic Zirconia – Most flawless CZs have high clarity and have no inclusions in its crystals. There can be cloudiness in some stones though. When buying, look for a clear stone to ensure you get the best.
Care tip: Do not allow your cubic zirconia to come in contact with chemicals like detergents, soaps, hairspray, or cosmetics. Take extra care while swimming, cleaning, or even applying body lotion. These products can cause the stone to become dull with time and can cause damage to the stone.
Carat Weight of a Cubic Zirconia – Like diamonds, Cubic Zirconia is also measured in carats. Usually, the price of a CZ does not increase with the increase in carat weight. Also, because cubic zirconia is denser than a diamond, it is heavier than a diamond of a similar size.
When shopping for cubic zirconia jewelry, ensure that you shop at a vendor that has a good return policy; just in case you are not quite satisfied with your purchase.
Now that you know what cubic zirconia is and why it is such a wonderful option for jewelry, check out some of our best wholesale cubic zirconia jewelry collection.