Earrings are one of the most popular forms of jewelry. They have been around from olden times and still going strong. Whether you are going to attend a marriage, a party, or a simple outing, stylish earrings are unavoidable. You can avoid hairpins or hairstyles, but definitely not earrings. A pair of earrings is a beautiful accessory that can help you to get ready in two ticks for almost any occasion and add a touch of bling to your overall look.
Earrings are an important part of our everyday look, so it is essential to have a few interesting earrings designs to choose from! Because when it comes to earrings, all women have their own tastes and preferences. Whether it’s simple studs or classic dangles, this piece of accessory is quintessential that helps you to look perfect without being overdone.
Earrings come in various styles, shapes, and materials. The most common materials used to make earrings are sterling silver, gold, platinum, beads, and gemstones. From modern style earrings pieces like ear cuffs to classic ones like gold hoops and chandeliers, we have got you covered with the popular types of earrings that you must know. Let’s check out what all types of earrings are there:
Top popular types of earrings
Following are some of the popular types of earrings available:
- Stud earrings: They are one of the most popular and simple types of earrings. As the name suggests, they are small earrings pieces that are shaped like a stud. They tend to sit snugly on the top of earlobes in which the back is hidden and give it the appearance of floating on the ear. Generally featuring a simple design, stud earrings are very comfortable to wear and go well with many different fashion styles. Diamond studs are the most common jewelry staple among all types of earrings.
- Drop earrings: Drop earrings have some similarities to stud earrings but as the name suggests they hang below the ear. They are incredibly versatile so have different types of styles available to them. Depending upon your style you can go for simple pairs of pearls or can choose more intricate designs in metal carvings. Various styles of drop earrings mostly feature a single stone that can be a pearl, a diamond, or a colored gemstone.
- Dangle earrings: Most people confuse dangle earrings with drop earrings. But dangle earrings are more complicated than drop earrings. There is only one major difference between both. Drop earrings do not move freely as they are stationary whereas dangle earrings are larger and bulkier so they have more movement back and forth freely. They look very attractive and elegant.
- Hoop earrings: And who doesn’t love “HOOPS”? Hoop earrings as the name suggests are shaped like hoops. They are in trend ever since fashion exists and add more volume to your overall look. Hoop earrings mostly feature simple and minimal designs but you will also get elaborated patterns if you want a bolder look. For a more glamorous look, you can go for a pair of diamond hoops. Most hoop earrings are round in shape but they also come in various shapes as well like triangles, squares, and ovals.
- Chandeliers: Their name is made from the ornate and intricate light fixtures mostly originated in Greece in the 5th century. Chandeliers are just like dangle earrings that hang below your ears, the only difference is that they have a distinct shape that extends and looks like a chandelier. They are very luxurious, feminine, and elegant as compared to other styles as they are made up of branches of different segments that are combined as one piece. You can wear them at formal events as they are designed to catch the lights.
- Ear cuffs: Ear cuffs are one of the most exotic and exclusive types of earrings. If you are looking for a boho or chic look, then ear cuffs are a perfect option for you. The design of ear cuffs is like they gently hug the ear and then from the top follow the curve, either it starts from the lobe or the middle of the ear. The plus point is they can be worn on any part of the ear without piercing. You can pair them with your western wear ensemble and flaunt them with confidence.
- Cluster earrings: Cluster earrings are the ones that sit tightly on the ear lobe. They are generally composed of multiple stones or gems that are grouped to form a cluster. They mostly come up in a form of stud or just have a little drop. Cluster earrings are a modern alternative to simple studs that just add a little dazzle to any look. They are designed in a much more elaborated way than studs and often make a dazzling statement.
- Ear threader earrings: They are minimalistic, long, slim pieces that thread through the ear and hang down to both sides of the earlobe. Because they are dangly so they move as you move. If you want non-dangly, fixed types of threaders then they are also available. You can customize it to make them extravagant by choosing stones or other decorative pieces for their ends. Generally, they serve a double purpose which is style and safety.
Know more about:- does stainless steel turn green
We hope this blog helps you to choose the best type of earrings for yourself. In case you need any help in picking out the perfect pair of earrings for yourself then you can contact our jewelry experts, they will be happy to serve you!
If you love earrings, then start making your collection of exquisite pieces from our website. Shop thousands of styles in wholesale sterling silver earrings at P&K at very affordable prices. There are various styles of earring designs available on our website. So check out our website for top-quality earrings and start grabbing your favorite piece today!
Also do not forget to check out our collection of sterling silver necklaces wholesale at very affordable prices.