Establishing an exquisite collection of unique jewelry pieces can be a fun and very rewarding experience for all women. But once you have bought the pieces that best suit your style and personality, you need to now think about the most important factor: how and where to store your jewelry.
If getting ready to go out involves a dance of digging, rummaging, and untangling various chains and bracelets, then it’s time to rethink your jewelry storage. If you do not have a proper storage facility, it’s hard to really enjoy your wardrobe collection of jewelry pieces. Storing jewelry in the right form is essential to ensure that they last longer and enable you to find every jewelry piece you need quickly and easily. Jewelry should be easily accessible when you need it and beautiful to look at when you don’t need it.
Do you want inventive ideas on how to store your jewelry pieces? Then look no further, we have revealed seven innovative ways to completely upgrade your jewelry storage game. So girls, are you ready to shine?
- Reuse your household items: One of the best things you should do when it comes to storing your jewelry pieces is to look around your house for old bits and pieces that you are not using so often. You will be awestruck at how many of those items you can actually upcycle, transform, repurpose into awesome jewelry storage boxes.
For example, you can start your search from your kitchen. Egg trays can be recycled to keep your small pieces of jewelry like dainty bracelets, rings, and pendants. To keep your earrings organized, a cheese grater works perfectly. Add a little spray paint to make it more prettier and have a simpler DIY earring holder.
Pro tip: Store jewelry in a way that the pieces do not touch each other.
- Use simple and modern ring cones: If you often take off your rings while washing the dishes, or taking a shower, it will be better to have a small, unobtrusive ring cone placed at those spots. A few cones will be enough to store your rings in a classic and accessible manner.
A ring cone is just a freestanding cone that is made up of a material of your own choice. It should be narrow enough to hold a ring. You can make cones in various sizes and even paint them according to your choice.
- Create space in unused drawers: You can use drawers to house your jewelry accessories. You can install dividers and sections for various baubles which will make hunting for your daily accessories an easy way out for you. Use the best jewelry drawer inserts for dividers which allow you to customize the drawer’s interior.
Protect your investment by storing your valuable jewelry inside the drawers. This will keep the precious gemstones safe, organized, and dust-free. You can also label each section in the drawer so that you always put your jewelry piece back in its proper place.
Pro tip: To make dividers inside the drawer, you can make use of cardboard boxes of different shapes as well and place them inside the drawers to store your jewelry.
- Hang items with hooks and chains: If you have huge pieces of long necklaces or customer jewelry, it can be tough to find a store-bought jewelry organizer where you can hold the entire collection. Instead, consider making a DIY approach to hang your jewelry on the wall from hooks and chains. You can hang your whole collection in the open and enjoy it as wall art or you can affix it to the backside of a door.
Simply screw thin strips of wood into the wall, and then attach various small hooks to the wood where you can hang necklaces, earrings, and bracelets.
- Teacup holder: This is an adorable and stylish way for jewelry storage if you have a lot of counter or drawer space. You can pick teacups that you no longer use. You can also paint them according to your jewelry colors. Now organize your jewelry with each teacup, then match the corresponding color jewelry with the color of the cup and store it in them.
You can either place them on the top of your dresser or inside a deep empty drawer. Remember if you are storing necklaces to it then limit one or two to avoid tangle.
- Adhesive hook display: This creative way of storing jewelry is very simple and easy. You may not have ever thought about doing it! Go to any grocery store and you will find tons of various adhesive hooks that you can insert in your walls to hang things. Use these hooks to create a wall in your closet of different sizes to hang your necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Thus the result will be really interesting and gorgeous.
- DIY an industrial pipe for the jewelry display: Pipes are a great material to create an industrial-style jewelry organizer. Their sturdiness makes them ideal for hanging chunky necklaces and bracelets. Plus pipes are not so costly and come in different sizes and varieties so you will surely find something that fits your needs.
To make a bold statement, consider using black piping instead of metallic colors. Simply screw the pipe to a piece of wood as your base, and construct a T shape out of it. Also, you can add multiple horizontal pipes at various heights if you need to hang more pieces of jewelry.
We hope this guide of storing your jewelry is sure to be a hit for anyone who is looking to bring some order and organization to their wardrobe of jewelry collection.
Storing your jewelry properly and consistently has many benefits: like it makes your gems last for many years while allowing you to find any jewelry piece you need in the blink of an eye.
And if you are on to add some new jewelry pieces to your collection, then be sure to check our collection of sterling silver bracelets and sterling silver earrings. We have an amazing collection of necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, and more that will absolutely wow you.