Are you looking to buy quality jewelry for your loved one? And not sure where to start?
Luckily, we have got you covered with all the details. Whenever you want to gift a jewelry piece to your loved one, you obviously want to buy something very special for them. But when shopping for jewelry, it is not that easy. Don’t worry. In this article, we will be sharing practical tips for buying quality jewelry for your loved one.
To start with, when it comes to quality jewelry we will be discussing the difference between fine jewelry and fashion jewelry.
Fine jewelry: Fine jewelry is used for jewelry that is made up of precious metals like gold, sterling silver, or platinum. Jewelry which is called fine jewelry is very durable and lasts for a long time. As fine jewelry is strong they do not tarnish if maintained with care and proper storage.
Fashion jewelry: Fashion jewelry is the type of jewelry that is not made up of precious metals. They are often made up of bass metals like copper, aluminum, or brass, which easily bend and tarnish. As they are prone to cracking and tarnishing so they do not have a long life.
So before you waste your precious money on cheap jewelry, go through below outlined the steps and you will find a perfect gift for your loved one that they will adore for lifetime:
- Before shopping, think about that special someone for whom you are shopping: This should be the very first thing you should consider while buying a jewelry gift. If you are planning to give a special jewelry gift, you have to spend some good time and think about the recipient’s personality and her taste in jewelry. You can do this by observing their daily wear accessories and then you can consider the following questions as well:
Do they usually wear bold statement pieces or like simple understated jewelry?
Do they have any personal preference for metal? You can know this by noticing their jewelry metal which they wear daily.
Do they wear neutral-noted jewelry or like colorful jewelry as well?
What necklace length do they wear?
What type of earrings like only stud, dangle, chandelier, or drop earrings do they wear?
What bracelets like charm bracelets, cuff bracelets, or no bracelets do they like?
Do they like simple rings or large rings?
By knowing the above answers it will be easy for you to select the style or type of jewelry that recipients like.
- Set your budget: This is another early important step while you shop for a jewelry gift. This will make your shopping experience smooth. Setting your budget will also narrow down many options so that you can only focus on jewelry pieces that are in your budget. You will get a beautiful piece of jewelry on a tight budget as well. There are many options available for jewelry in the market, you just have to do a little research and you will find the perfect piece within your range.
- Consider what message you want to communicate through buying jewelry: As you start browsing through many options, consider the message you want to communicate to the recipient through your gift. Your gift can communicate various things such as you love that person from the bottom of your heart, you like her, you are just proud of that person or just treasure that person. So while finalizing your jewelry gift you must decide what you want to say to your loved one.
- Sterling silver, gold or platinum, stainless steel?
Sterling silver: It is composed of 92.5% of silver and 7.5% of other metals like copper or nickel. The composition of these metals brings strength and durability to the silver. Sterling silver jewelry is the most popular because of its affordability, various designs, and durability.
Gold: Gold jewelry is a little expensive. It comes in three colors: white, rose gold, and yellow. Gold jewelry comes in different purities like 9k and 18k. As gold jewelry is costlier so you can check your budget accordingly and can select the jewelry that comes under your budget.
Platinum: There was a time when gold jewelry was considered as the most luxurious but platinum jewelry has turned the tables. Platinum jewelry has a beautiful silvery white color. Though platinum is the most expensive so as we said you need to be very careful with your budget.
Stainless steel: Forget about other metals, there is new metal in the town. Stainless steel! Stainless steel is a metal that is composed of iron, carbon, and chromium. Because the metal is corrosion and heat resistant, it will be a perfect addition to her jewelry box. Now you must be thinking like sterling silver metal, does stainless steel turn green? As we mentioned above, stainless steel is an alloy of chromium, nickel, iron, carbon, and manganese. So stainless steel is protected from rusting because of chromium.
- Hallmarking: While making your purchase ensure that you are getting the best quality of jewelry, so you must check the hallmark of the jewelry. Hallmark is known as the legal guarantee of the quality and purity of metal content present in the jewelry. Many jewelers will insist you buy non-hallmarked jewelry by giving assurance of purity and quality but don’t trust them. Always go for hallmarked jewelry. Please note that the cost of a hallmark is very nominal so it does not have any impact on the jewelry cost.
We hope this guide on how to select a perfect gift for your loved one was helpful. Keep your search on, find a reputable store and get the best piece of jewelry that your loved one will cherish for life.
P&K is a distinctive magnificent brand of designer quality jewelry and is affordable. We feature stunning and awesome designs that are made to last. So do check out our collection of cubic zirconia jewelry, sterling silver jewelry, marcasite jewelry online, and many more on our website.