The most popular choice for jewelry among all women is silver. Obviously for good reasons because it is durable, easy to maintain, not very costly, and is available in various styles and designs. Because of these reasons silver jewelry is in high demand across the world. More and more people are looking for silver jewelry over any other metal to remain up to date with the latest ongoing trends.
Silver jewelry is attractive so it is very difficult to find the highest quality pieces. Today there are various local and online sellers available of silver jewelry so it is not easy to assess if you are getting an authentic product or not. Luckily, we are here to help you find the best deal when it comes to your silver purchase.
Here are five things you should keep in mind before buying silver jewelry for yourself!
- Consider the type of silver: In a jewelry market, you will find different types of silver jewelry. Of all the types, sterling silver, pure silver, and silver plated are the most popular ones. While making a purchase you must know what type or quality of silver you are buying according to your requirements and lifestyle. Different types of silver differ in their characteristics.
Of all the types, silver plated jewelry has the lowest purity because it is made by mixing metals such as copper & brass that have a coating of silver. However Pure silver is 99.9% pure and is very soft so it is not good for making jewelry as it can easily get mould. Meanwhile Sterling silver has 92.5% of silver and is best known for creating beautiful pieces of silver jewelry. All the highest quality silver jewelry is created with sterling silver. It is considered as the most durable among all types of silver.
- Check the hallmarks: While making a purchase always look for hallmarks. Real silver always has precise markings that define it as the purest and the real one. You have to check carefully because these are tiny stamps that are not easily noticeable. This is the quickest way of identifying whether your silver jewelry is real or not.
If you are purchasing sterling silver jewelry, look for a hallmark like .925, 92.5, or STERLING mark because this is the sign of authenticity. Do not buy any piece that does not have this hallmark. Do not let the seller make a fool of yours into purchasing fake silver jewelry.
- Execute physical tests to check the authenticity: When buying silver jewelry, you can check the authenticity of your piece by performing simple tests. These tests are very simple, do not take much time, and do not harm your jewelry. It is totally worth doing these tests, just because you are buying silver jewelry does not mean you should buy it without knowing its authenticity.
Use a magnet. You can do the magnet test by locating the magnet and check whether your silver jewelry item is magnetic. It would be best if you use a strong magnet for testing. If it does not latch to the magnet then it is not pure silver and can be another metal like nickel.
Can do the rub testing. Take a small piece of white cloth while you go shopping for silver jewelry. Rub the piece of jewelry on the cloth and check if it has left some black marks on the cloth or not. Because of oxidation, only real silver jewelry pieces will have these marks as it is exposed to air.
- Be careful while buying online: Now you can find various online marketplaces available for buying any precious metal. But if you think online shopping is better for you then you must stay cautious while making your purchase. The online seller who is selling the most authentic silver jewelry will definitely have at least one physical store clearly mentioned on their site. They will also have a refund and exchange policy while making an order, customer support to assist you, and will have full details mentioned about the quality of every product on their site. You can also check their reviews online to discover the store reputation.
At P&K jewelry, you will find all of the above and more. And if you are in the mood for browsing some gorgeous silver jewelry then you can check out our collection of wholesale sterling silver necklaces and many other exquisite accessories on our website at very reasonable prices.
- How to select silver jewelry: There is a broad range of designs and options available in sterling silver jewelry like sterling silver earrings, sterling silver bracelets, sterling silver necklaces, and pendants. Whether you like vintage or modern goddess pieces or maximalist or minimalist pieces, there are silver pieces to match everyone’s tastes. You can wear this magnificent versatile metal for any occasion or event.
Also if possible try to talk to the seller so that you can ask certain questions about the price, hallmarks, and silver sourcing from them. And if you found a physical store of them then the chances of scam will be very less and the possibility of good quality silver jewelry is higher.
Read more:- how to clean sterling silver earrings.
There are many options for buying, wearing, & maintaining silver jewelry. You must know the right type of silver to buy. We hope this guide helps you out with your next purchase of silver jewelry.
If you are searching for sterling silver jewelry in NYC then you are at the right place. At P&K, we specialize in selling the finest and the most authentic silver jewelry pieces. You can get assured that you are purchasing a good quality of silver jewelry from our dazzling collection and do not forget to have fun by styling your silver jewelry with other pieces and clothing.
Keep checking our website so that you do not miss out on the latest designs.